- This event has passed.
Event Series: Abrasive Wheels
Abrasive Wheel Training
October 18 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
DURATION: 1/2 DAY PRICE: £95 + VAT
Nearly half of all accidents resulting from abrasive wheels happen due to unsafe working practices and operator errors. If you work with abrasive wheels then following strict health and safety practices is paramount to protect both yourself and others from harm.
This Abrasive Wheels course will provide you with an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels so that you can understand the risks and know which control measures are needed to prevent injury and ill-health.
Abrasive Wheel Training Content
– Legislation and Regulations regarding working with Abrasive wheels
– Nature of hazards and identification of causes
– Safe work
– Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
– Method of marking
– Handling and transporting
– Checking and use of discs
– Machine Checks
– Mounting and Dressing