- This event has passed.
IOSH Managing Safely
May 31 @ 9:00 am - June 2 @ 5:00 pm
IOSH Managing Safely Course
DURATION: 3-DAYS PRICE: £672 + VAT
AIM:IOSH Managing Safely course, run by Make UK's experienced professional trainers, meets the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health requirements for those managers and supervisors who manage safety and seek the Certificate in Managing Safely.
Participants will learn about:
- Safety Management: Safety management systems and role of risk assessment
- Reactive Monitoring: Investigation, recording and reporting of accidents, incidents, analysis of records
- Risk Assessment and Control: Hazard identification, inventory, risk rating and recording, reviewing assessment
- Common Hazards: Fire, electrical, noise, vehicles, client specific hazards
- Health and Safety Legislation: Identifying relevant legislation with guidance on compliance
- Active monitoring: Monitoring checklists, schedules, interpreting results
- Review and Audit: Safety management systems, implementing action
Result: On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and refer to all current safety legislation as it applies within their working environment and personal roles and responsibilities
- Define a range of workplace hazards as they may arise in their respective work areas
- Monitor compliance with safety legislation, recognise hazards/unsafe practices and implement action through effective application of a formal audit regime
- Investigate and record accidents, incidents/occurrences and report accurately
- Assess risk through the implementation of formal risk identification and rating system and initiate action
- Manage risk effectively in their areas of responsibility through the implementation of a formal safety management system
- Demonstrate a positive influence on employee attitudes to safe working
Frequently Asked Questions
What level of qualification is IOSH Managing Safely?
The Managing Safely course is a level 2 course suitable for managers, team leaders and supervisors. However, no prior health and safety knowledge is needed.How long does an IOSH Managing Safely qualification last?
There is no requirement to renew or requalify once you have undertaken your training. As legislation is constantly changing, it is recommended that you refresh your training approximately every 3 years.Will there be an exam at the end of the course?
Yes, the exam will test your understanding and knowledge of what you have learnt throughout the course. But don’t worry your expert trainer will teach you everything you need to know to pass.