IOSH Managing Safely Course
DURATION: 3-DAYS PRICE: £672 + VAT
AIM:IOSH Managing Safely course, run by Make UK's experienced professional trainers, meets the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health requirements for those managers and supervisors who manage safety and seek the Certificate in Managing Safely.
Participants will learn about:
- Safety Management: Safety management systems and role of risk assessment
- Reactive Monitoring: Investigation, recording and reporting of accidents, incidents, analysis of records
- Risk Assessment and Control: Hazard identification, inventory, risk rating and recording, reviewing assessment
- Common Hazards: Fire, electrical, noise, vehicles, client specific hazards
- Health and Safety Legislation: Identifying relevant legislation with guidance on compliance
- Active monitoring: Monitoring checklists, schedules, interpreting results
- Review and Audit: Safety management systems, implementing action
Result: On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and refer to all current safety legislation as it applies within their working environment and personal roles and responsibilities
- Define a range of workplace hazards as they may arise in their respective work areas
- Monitor compliance with safety legislation, recognise hazards/unsafe practices and implement action through effective application of a formal audit regime
- Investigate and record accidents, incidents/occurrences and report accurately
- Assess risk through the implementation of formal risk identification and rating system and initiate action
- Manage risk effectively in their areas of responsibility through the implementation of a formal safety management system
- Demonstrate a positive influence on employee attitudes to safe working
The Managing Safely course is a level 2 course suitable for managers, team leaders and supervisors. However, no prior health and safety knowledge is needed.How long does an IOSH Managing Safely qualification last?
There is no requirement to renew or requalify once you have undertaken your training. As legislation is constantly changing, it is recommended that you refresh your training approximately every 3 years.Will there be an exam at the end of the course?
Yes, the exam will test your understanding and knowledge of what you have learnt throughout the course. But don’t worry your expert trainer will teach you everything you need to know to pass.
Health and Safety Course Schedule
How to Book/Enquiries
Our friendly team are always happy to help! For questions on courses, pricing, room hire, or anything else, call the team on 01484 711462 or use the enquiry form. You can expect all emails and messages to be responded to within 24 hours.Course Enquiry Form
Our Courses in Health and Safety
CCNSG Safety Passport Contractor
The CCNSG Safety Passport scheme, which is over two days, aims to ensure a basic knowledge of a range of health and safety matters for all site personnel to enable them to work on site more safely with lower risk to themselves and others after the appropriate site induction.
CCNSG Safety Passport Contractor Renewal
The 1 day course aims to cover a range of key topics that will help delegates in their role as team leaders or supervisors, whether new to the role or experienced.
Delegates must hold a current CCNSG Safety Passport, which is a prerequisite for attending this course.
CCNSG Leading a Team Safely
The CCNSG “Leading a Team Safely” one day course is designed to build on the health, safety, welfare and environmental awareness already gained from the delegates/renewal courses and increase the delegate’s knowledge in order to effectively carry out a Supervisory/Team Leader role efficiently, effectively and safely. Please note that delegates MUST have an in date CCNSG passport prior to course attendance.
IOSH Working Safely
Working safely is for people at any level in any sector and provides a grounding in safety and health essentials, focussing on why safety and health is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through simple changes to their behaviour and providing a safe and secure environment for everyone in the workplace.
IOSH Managing Safely
Designed to give managers the know-how and practical support they need handle safety and health within their teams. A flexible, high impact, modular course provides step by step guidance with a sharp business focus ensuring that delegates have the confidence and enthusiasm to put their learning into practice and realise genuine business benefits
IOSH Leading Safely
Developed in partnership with business leaders, Leading Safely provides practical solutions to harnessing safety and health as a powerful investment to unlock competitive advantage. It is not just a legal and moral requirement, it is integral to ensuring success and brings significant reputational and productivity results; providing those with leadership responsibility the practical knowledge and strategic solutions for sustainable business advantage through good practice.
NEBOSH National General Certificate
This course is conducted over one day a week for 12 weeks is designed to meet the requirements of the National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health. Home study and additional materials will need to be purchased.
Copyright 2023 © West Yorkshire Manufacturing Services
Designed by ONE17 built by Technical Monkey Ltd.